Peach Gazpacho with Chardonnay and Berries
This is a great chilled soup, that utilizes in-season fruit, and is to be enjoyed on hot summer days! Yield: 1 and ½ gallons. This soup may be made in advance and can be kept for 3 days.
Author: Hometown Sausage Kitchen
- 20 peaches, peeled
- 2 bottles (750 ml) chardonnay wine
- 2 cups water
- 3 - 5 juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and medium diced
- fresh raspberries
- Place peaches, chardonnay wine, juniper berries, peppercorns and water into a 2 gallon pressure cooker and steam for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Once fruit is cooled, with gloves, remove the pits from the peaches, juniper berries and peppercorns. Remove all ingredients and liquid and transfer into a blender. Puree all ingredients until a fine puree is achieved. Chill.
- Serve in chilled bowls with medium diced cucumbers and fresh raspberries.
Leave a Reply