Cherry Gastrique Sauce
Author: Hometown Sausage Kitchen
- 3 lbs Cheeries
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Hometown Brown Stock or Glace
- ¼ lbs Butter
- Cook out the three pounds of cherries with the sugar, apple cider vinegar, water for approximately 30 minutes until the cherries are tender and able to strain to remove the pits.
- Reduce this liquid until it lightly coats a spoon then add the brown stock and reduce again until the consistency coats the back of a spoon a second time.
- Whisk in the butter at the last moment before serving (Monte au Beurre) and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve with any fatty meats or game!