Apple and Prune Compote
Author: Hometown Sausage Kitchen
- 1 Cup Chopped Apples
- 1 Cup Diced White Onion
- 2 Cups Chopped Pitted Prunes
- ¾ Cup Cranberry Pear (Hometown) Balsamic
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 1 T. Sugar
- 2 T. Dried Parsley
- Heat a non reactive (stainless steel) sauce pot with the olive oil
- Add the onions and sweat until tender
- Add the chopped apples and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender but not falling apart
- Add the balsamic, prunes, sugar, and parsley and bring to a boil
- Simmer 3-4 minutes and then cool.
- Store in your newly clean refrigerator and gently heat or serve at room temperature with your meats.